how did you do in 07

Re: how did you do in '07

I was going to say $60 in scrap that i dug up until i saw your numbers :D

my scrap metal is $1,031.23 for the year and i started in june

75 to $100. all in Al cans. Pretty lousy compared to what some of you guys do. rdj

you guys did good, I made what I made by pushing myself to the limits. I probably spend 40-60 hours a week on scrapping. That breaks down to $8-$10 per hour. I might as well get a second job

Hoff out

I don't keep exact numbers but I would have to say somewhere between $2500 and $3000. This year is in question because my source of scrap metal has taken a turn for the worse. The company where the dumpster is located has a "new policy" that no one is allowed to take stuff out. I don't work there, they lease the building along with other tennants, the US Supreme Court made dumpster diving legal in 88 and it's a 20 yard open top dumpster. Hmmmmmmmm

Most places here went as far as putting locks on their dumpsters to keep people from getting their scrap but I have alot of people that give or sell me their scrap so I do good.

for 2007 i brought in aprox:

Scrap--$37,300.00
Craigslist-- $8500.00
Ebay--$10,000.00

everything found and sold was found in dumpsters or from my contracts with warehouses.

For 2008 so far brought in $9500.00 got a item on ebay now 2 days left an its at $12,100.00

This year is gonna be great!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back