How do you deal with impenetrable brush/briars?

C3plants

Oct 17, 2022
I have found the enormous celler hole and foundation of a revolutionary period inn. Getting to it is extremely difficult and detecting it is virtually impossible because of all the briars around the foundation and in the cellar. Using a machete barely got me to the edge of the cellar hole. Any suggestions or insight on how to deal with this?

Upvote 2

EYEROCK

Aug 19, 2015
HARRISBURG PA
Detector(s) used
WHITES
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found the enormous celler hole and foundation of a revolutionary period inn. Getting to it is extremely difficult and detecting it is virtually impossible because of all the briars around the foundation and in the cellar. Using a machete barely got me to the edge of the cellar hole. Any suggestions or insight on how to deal with this?
A match

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Blackberries and Briars ! I've noticed Briars too in spots where Crowds Congregated
and walked the ground solid. they are like cockroaches. :coffee2:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and I used a section of 2x4 and rope to smash down tall grass in the past. Like what those old guys did when making crop circles in the UK. easier than carrying a piece of plywood a mile I would say.

CreekSide

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2023
I got stuck in a pile of them thorny vines today. They hurt, good luck
You can always spray the area with brush killer but it will be a good month before they will die.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread