What's new

How Do You Get Customer Rolls?

MentalUnrest

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
744
Reaction score
113
Golden Thread
0
I see many posts about people stating they have better luck when they get customer wrapped rolls. Are these something you have to ask for or is it just certain banks that allow customers to turn in their own rolls? I have been to well over 30 different banks in my area to buy boxes and loose rolls and every single bank only has String Boxes and String rolls. I have never been given a customer wrapped roll or even one roll that was not a string roll.

Would love to get these as it seems like the only chance to get a huge score in one roll would be one of these.
 
Upvote 0
Customer rolls are where you find them. There is no pattern except that people roll up coin and turn them in to the bank. A lot of the info you are asking about can be found by reading past post, or the info at the top. We're here to help, but some of this data can be found by reading, or is just commonsense.
HH
enamel7
 
I rolled and dumped $100 in halves yesterday; so realize that all customer rolls are not created equal. Some of my banks don't have coin counters so I have to roll them to dump them.
 
jethro1469 is right not all rolls are good i re-roll, or spend all i search so all brown rolls are not good. it really is in volume, that you find keepers
 
It's all about the right rolls at the right bank. As you get out there and cover your home patch you will start to understand were to go and were not. Larger the city more people hunting but you will find were people don't go. Amazing I have found CRHer's hit some banks but not others down the road.
 
In central Iowa I haven't been to a bank in years that accepts customer wrapped rolls. If you go in with them they'll tell you not to bother because they just have to unwrap all of them and run them through the machine. So in certain parts of the country you might just be out of luck.
 
It's just nuts! A ton of banks in my town and only 2 that I know of have counters. BOA is one of the largest branches, no counters. I can easily collect $2k worth of people-wrapped dimes from just 3 banks, in one shot, at least twice a month.
 
If a bank has a coin counter, either in the lobby or in the back, they will likely not accept rolls, or unroll them into the machine. Your best chance of finding customer wrapped rolls would be in smaller banks without coin counters.
 
If you locate a bank in a retail business area, lots of stores bring their hand-wrapped coin in to deposit. They accumulate faster than the bank can use, and the surplus gets shipped out in bags, either loose or still in rolls.
I have run into banks that still accept rolls from the elderly customers, the tellers say that the old folks don't want to use the counters. Fear of technology and fear of being ripped off.
I can understand the fear of being ripped off.
 
Syrys said:
If a bank has a coin counter, either in the lobby or in the back, they will likely not accept rolls, or unroll them into the machine. Your best chance of finding customer wrapped rolls would be in smaller banks without coin counters.
the cu i use to dump, has a coin counter in the lobby, and will also accept cwr...so i dump my halves and buy all of their cwr's at the same time haha. keep it up and hh!
 
A few months ago i went into my bank because the ATM wasnt working, and i saw the teller behind the counter rolling nickels..in those old blue rolls..It wasnt a very big WF bank..but i wouldnt have expected that...Ive only gotten Customer Rolled Cents..and found about 8 foreign coins
 
HWR's are hard to find in my area.

I think everyone in town is onto the look for AG.

When I do find HWR's, they have been very awesome!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom