How do you run the Relic mode?

Juice in the hole

Mar 22, 2014
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After watching several videos of detectorists running in the Relic mode, I've decided to give it a try. I'm detecting over ground that has given up quite a few nice finds, mostly using a modified and running hot Hi-Pro mode. So gleaning might be a term used to describe what I'd like to do. I just think there's more in there.

So do you modify the program any besides increasing RX Gain? Maybe run single frequency for the real deep stuff? Turn on Audio Modulation?

Wow, nobody uses Relic mode? I figured it would be more popular given all the talk I've seen about it lately.

I run in relic mode with my MXT but I'm no help on your machine, you should post on the White's own forum for someone who runs your detector in relic mode. I really like the relic mode over the coin mode on the MXT though. HH

I run in relic mode with my MXT but I'm no help on your machine, you should post on the White's own forum for someone who runs your detector in relic mode. I really like the relic mode over the coin mode on the MXT though. HH

Thanks! I'll sniff through some of the threads on that forum.

I went out the day I posted the question and found very little beyond what has already been found. Rifle brass, bolts off of a tractor and part of a plow. It wasn't the super secret vacuum cleaner mode I was lead to believe. I also experimented with it in single frequency mode (7.5) and it does indeed appear to go a bit deeper. It seems like it hits on marginal signals that the 3 band does not. More experimentation is needed.

The bottom line is that there is either nothing of value left in this particular honey hole, or I need a better machine to get to it. That's the problem with MDing; the uncertainty.

Hello "Juice in the hole",

When I first began using the DFX and V3i I searched the internet and forums looking for the magic program. I quickly found that a magic program doesn't exist, so I did what I should have done in the beginning. I spent many hours in my test bed using "every" possible setting selection until I had the Best Setting for my area and hunting style. I found its the only way. Also, I read the manual for each machine at least ten times, you must understand each function and how they interact with each other.
I will say on the internet there was a lot of useful information for each machine, so with my testing and forum research I believe the machines are running at nearly 100% for my area.

Best Regards,

If your talking about magic's program for the V3i he's a guy that knows his stuff with that detector for sure, I've detected with him before and he consistently can get the really deep coins. We detected some old ball diamonds before where all the dimes were 10"+ with some being at a full 12" before and he has got the V3i dialed in good for sure. You might find his program at the whites forum do a search for it or ask someone but he's told me before it would be a good starting point for sure but one needs to tailor it for their ground as his is setup to run in Indiana ground and if your ground is a little different you'll need to make changes. HH
Hello "Juice in the hole",

When I first began using the DFX and V3i I searched the internet and forums looking for the magic program. I quickly found that a magic program doesn't exist, so I did what I should have done in the beginning. I spent many hours in my test bed using "every" possible setting selection until I had the Best Setting for my area and hunting style. I found its the only way. Also, I read the manual for each machine at least ten times, you must understand each function and how they interact with each other.
I will say on the internet there was a lot of useful information for each machine, so with my testing and forum research I believe the machines are running at nearly 100% for my area.

Best Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back