Michigan Badger
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 12, 2005
- Messages
- 6,797
- Reaction score
- 152
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northern, Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- willow stick
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
Good luck!
but of course everyone is wondering if he should not drive anymore. of course he is sick right now so driving isn't going to happen, but when he gets a bit better should he drive? we are all right there, right now with his Dad UGHbigscoop said:Oh man, been there! With my father it was really a battle, but in the end all it really came down to was his ability to still carry "a photo I.d." so he could tell people he could still drive, even though he knew that photo I.d. wasn't a valid license and that he really couldn't drive anymore. But in his mind, he was keeping his independence and integrity and that was what was really most important to him. He's not driven now for about two years and has no desire to. Mother isn't too far away herself and that, well, we call her the "little general" so I could end up bleeding before it's over with.Good luck!


FarmerChick said:wow that is a hard one. most would never like to give up driving. the independence is so important
but my hubbys Dad is undergoing chemo. he is 'kinda' out of it right now and the last time he did drive he was picking up a pizza --right down the road. he couldn't find it. in the end he saw the pizza place when he turned around going the wrong way...so he got the pizzabut of course everyone is wondering if he should not drive anymore. of course he is sick right now so driving isn't going to happen, but when he gets a bit better should he drive? we are all right there, right now with his Dad UGH
My Grandmother willingly quit, she didn't feel sure enough of herself. My Mom is still driving to places she feels sure of, and I happen to be able to follow her once for very many miles, she did fine. I'm thinking she will do the same as her Mother, realize when it's time to quit. But you hear so many stories of someone waiting too long..........
.. this is a subject not on my mind all the time, but something I've considered. Maybe when it's on my mind alot, it will be time for her to quit driving...I just dunno..