What's new

How does the Tiger Shark work on land...

kenozaguy

Greenie
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Forestburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I'd like to get one for fresh water detecting and wondered about it's ability to coin hunt on dry land. Thanks
 
I would say it is acceptable but it really is built for the water. It will find coins for sure but it would not be the deepest land machine out there.
 
The Tiger being a water detector is heavier than a land unit like a Silver Umax or other Tesoro. It has decent depth and good disc, but there are better choices for land hunting. Think of detectors like golf clubs. You need a different one for different uses to do it right for the most fun.
 
I used my Tiger Shark exclusively for land hunting this past fall and loved it. I don't find it particularly heavy and I'm a wimpy woman. It worked great at separating targets in a trashy area and produced 3 Barber dimes, 4 indian head pennies, a V nickle, 2 buffalo nickels and a Canadian five cent "fishscale" for me, as well as four rings. Max depth seems to be around six inches.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom