How Dry is it? Too Dry To Dig! Plus,TID Numbers reading trash like coins!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out today in the drought conditions we have here,and dug a lot of trash! :BangHead: The soil is so dry here,and Sampson digger won't hardly go in the soil over 1 1/2 inches,(and I weigh 243LBS.) Alum can slaw is ringing in like a coin with 86-89 TID readings.. This is where the copper Penny's,dimes ring in at (under normal conditions) using 8 kHz frequency.. I did manage to dig two penny's. A 1920 Wheatie,and a copper 1964 Memorial. I think I'm gonna park the Deus until this drought is over,or invest in a good "jackhammer"! :laughing7:

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Try some deep wooded spots where the sun doesn't bake the ground as much - have DEET available as the bugs will be waiting for you. As least with da DEUS you won't have cables snagging on da brush and branches.

fishingdevil

May 1, 2013
Next to the sea
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Try some deep wooded spots where the sun doesn't bake the ground as much - have DEET available as the bugs will be waiting for you. As least with da DEUS you won't have cables snagging on da brush and branches.

Very gd point about the snags - haven't thought of it that way

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll have to try that,Thanks!:thumbsup:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will cool off soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread