What's new

How hard are 1939D Nickels to find?

1488

Tenderfoot
Joined
Oct 7, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Don't know why I'm posting this.......... seems all the good questions on here never get answered......... this forum seems so pointless...........

Anyway, how hard are 1939D Nickels to find? I heard that they are sometimes harder to find than 1950D's. Is this true?
 
Upvote 0
I have yet to find either the 50D or 39D by CRH methods. I would think that the 50D would be more difficult because many were hoarded due to advanced publicity on the rarity. also, it has the lowest mintage. Though I did find a 39s yesterday.

He 1488

Warum denken Sie, dass dieses Forum sinnlos ist?
Sie sind Freakin-Münze machte meinen Mann verrückt!
 
The 39D nickel is the only one I have yet to find in circulation and I am around 700,000 nickels searched. I have found (3) 1950D nickels in that amount. Not sure what kind of answer you want because no one really has found enough to give an accurate sample size. It will depend on what part of the country you are in as well. The older D and S mint coins are routinely found in the midwest and west coast where they originally entered circulation. Out here in the eastern midwest and northeast the Philadelphia minted coins dominate circulation.

With metal detecting, I have probably found around 100 silver coins and only one of them was an S mint. So even when those coins were circulating as regular coinage there were not many out east.
 
1488 said:
Don't know why I'm posting this.......... seems all the good questions on here never get answered......... this forum seems so pointless...........

Then I'd say it's Pointless for you to Be here.

I'll Take care of that Right Now

:wink: :coffee2:
 
jeff of pa said:
1488 said:
Don't know why I'm posting this.......... seems all the good questions on here never get answered......... this forum seems so pointless...........

Then I'd say it's Pointless for you to Be here.

I'll Take care of that Right Now

:wink: :coffee2:

Thank you Jeff. That was a great thing to do. :-)

I find MOST questons here get answers. Including his. People answered him in SPITE of his dissing the forum as he asked it. But you were on top of it, and I appreciate that. :icon_thumleft:

As more of an answer for him, from me, I have found no 1939D's, and 1 of the 1950D.
 
Thank you Jeff! :icon_thumright:
 
If this guy can still see it, here is my answer and it is a good quality answer. Maybe he is just having a bad day!
I am inbetween the two mints. I have searched 206 boxes so far, that is 412,000 coins. I found:

3x50d;
2x39d;
3x39s;
2x38s;
4x38d

I know my area get new coins from both mints.
 
Yinzi50 said:
I have searched 206 boxes so far, that is 412,000 coins.

I've searched a little over a tenth of that. :notworthy:

No 39D. I did pick up two boxes of nickels today. ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom