What's new

How I made out with the skunks

onfire

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
2,708
Reaction score
1,336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was getting pretty tired of the poor showing lately not that I'm complaining but time is money. So I started saving all the NIFC'S you know the nice and shiny ones. Bought a halve book the ones with no dates, filled it with 71 thru 2000 16$ plus 4 for the book and put some out at a garage sale sold 3 at 45.00$ each, many people thought it was a great gift for their grandchildren, guess looks can be deceiving, pays the gas.
 
Upvote 0
Very good idea. Why not. Many people haven't seen a Kennedy half in years and they do make interesting gifts. When I leave the clad ones as tips the bartenders love em'
rileyboy
 
very nice. people don't understand how to get em
 
I've been doing this for years. I sell them on consignment with a local auctioneer. Some times I don't even include the NIFCs. I'll buy old books and fill them. If the book is showing wear and tear, even better. People will think of it as sitting in "Grandpa's" attic, and that they are buying some hidden/uncovered treasure. I buy old whitman (empty) at auction for minimal change. I've done it with Morgan's, Walkers, etc. Buy old books, fill it with some slicks, pop it up on eBay. Some crappy pictures and people will bid away.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom