How is the Beach Hunter 300?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one and didn't like it for two reasons,
1. The coil floated.
2. There is no volume control, a minor thing if your young.
See http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,270531.0.html

It is a fair detector and many like it, but that coil thing is a major problem if you hunt in the water. If you are just going to hunt the dry sand or not get in the water, it is a fine detector for the ones that haven't used the others.

thinkin2

Mar 30, 2007
James Island, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21
I tried one but couldn't get it to ground balance. This was on Folly Beach, SC where there is some black sand. Anyway, couldn't get it to run stable so I sent it back and got a Excal II. There are some who really love this unit though. I guess it kind of depends on your location because I've heard they are hard to use on the west coast too. I do have a Whites Surf PI Dual Field and, like Sandman says, the coil floats on this one too. In fact, the whole machine will float like a cork. I really like the Minelabs for my area as they are very stable and don't need ground balancing. But I will try the Dual Field next summer and will be looking at ways to neutralize the bouyancy in the meantime. I have put it on a straight shaft so that may help but haven't had it in the water yet so can't say. I would try to check with some of the people in your area to see if any of them use it and what they think about it. Maybe someone in your area will let you try theirs for a little test. Good luck. --Jerry

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Thank you for the input, I appreciate it and welcome any more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions