How long does it take Minelab to ship?

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600. Garrett ProPointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I asked Bart at BBH how far up the waiting list I was for the EQ600, he said watch your email very closely tomorrow. I cant be very high on the list, because I only placed the order 8 days ago. Does this mean we might get an update? Or that they did get a good sized shipment? Who knows, but Minelab kind of messed up on shipping the EQs. Next time, don't build so much hype Minelab lol.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: It just shipped! Will be here on Wednesday.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
600s are in much lower demand than 800s so your “line” is a lot shorter.

OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really Ferrari? Interesting. GAP, I gave him a hug over text lol.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really Ferrari? Interesting. GAP, I gave him a hug over text lol.

Yep. The early adopters tend to be more “hard core” concerning capability and the price gap when you account for the cost/value of the additional included wireless hardware with the 800 is relatively small so they figure why not pay for the whole enchilada and not sacrifice for lack of Gold Mode (which might also have some mid conductive relic hunting applications), slower max recovery speed, less adjustability for iron bias, lack of 20 and 40 kHz individual frequency modes, lack of manual noise cancellation, lack of ability to adjust nonferrous tone volume and breakpoints, lack of custom user profile save memory slot and the other various differences and missing features in the 600.

I suspect the 600 will be a more popular choice for the non-early adopter crowd and the percentage of 600 vs. 800 sales will increase with time.

Glad your machine is on its way. Still waiting for mine...going on 5 months now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BuffaloHunter

Jun 26, 2017
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I’ve heard about those awful waits, sorry about that, I didn’t mean to rub anything in, I was just curious if that was the case for anyone else also.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe me, it wasn’t directed at you. Just enjoy letting ML know at every opportunity how I am such a loyal customer. Lol.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5 months wait so far for me too on the EQ800 but soon I hope

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions