What's new

How low can we go???

STDevil

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
329
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
I was feeling pretty good when I bought some Silver Eagles yesterday morning, but the price is falling fast!

Any comments on how low we'll go???
 
Upvote 0
STDevil said:
I was feeling pretty good when I bought some Silver Eagles yesterday morning, but the price is falling fast!

Any comments on how low we'll go???
I don't know but I know I am a lot "silver poorer" than I was a few days ago. >:(

I am not worried it will go up again, always does.
Now I can go out and pay even less for silver. ;D ;D
 
STDevil said:
I was feeling pretty good when I bought some Silver Eagles yesterday morning, but the price is falling fast!

Any comments on how low we'll go???

No way to tell how low it will go. But the question to ask yourself when you start to worry is, "have any of the fundamental factors that made silver and gold attractive investments changed in the last few weeks?"

Fed keeps auctioning off loads of credit every couple of weeks, the fallout from the sub prime mess still has not been fully realized in my opinion, inflation is still going up due to all the extra money being created, etc.

There are very wealthy and powerful institutions that can cause shifts in commodities or markets for a while buy taking large and numerous positions in the direction they want to go, but sooner or later the real trend comes back into play, whether it is a bull or bear market. We have been in a bull market for 7 or so years, and in the past bull markets last at least 10 years.

Although many here know the value of silver and gold, but 99% or more of the folks on the street are clueless. Wait till more regular folks start to buy silver and/or gold (physical) because someone told them it was a good investment or they saw something on TV about it. The price should go up quite a bit due to the alleged shortage of physical silver available to investors once the populace decides to get in.

Jim
 
STDevil said:
I was feeling pretty good when I bought some Silver Eagles yesterday morning

Keep buying if you can!!! I just bought 2 100 oz bars and thinking about 2 more. As CD mentioned above, it will go back up.

cyberdan said:
Now I can go out and pay even less for silver. ;D ;D

Exactly.....I view this as a big opportunity.......
 
Keep buying if you can = if you aren't broke from having already bought a ton of it, and assuming you can find a reputable seller that isn't trying to screw you with his premiums and bs about having paid more for it so he can't sell within a MILE of spot.

As far as how low it will go... it could go A LOT lower if this business with Russia gets real sour. The Euro has been slipping since it started, and the lower the Euro goes, the higher our beloved... HA... dollar goes. Europe and the US are getting nasty with Russia about them being balsy with the Georgians, and if they don't back down soon, we could start kicking them out of things... like the G8 among others. If that happens, they will mess with Europes oil supply lowing THEIR currency, and since we get our oil from the Saudis... we won't be affected NEARLY as much, thus making our dollar QUITE strong and silver look QUITE bad.

~Dave
 
BBcardsRI said:
Keep buying if you can = if you aren't broke from having already bought a ton of it, and assuming you can find a reputable seller that isn't trying to screw you with his premiums and bs about having paid more for it so he can't sell within a MILE of spot.

As far as how low it will go... it could go A LOT lower if this business with Russia gets real sour. The Euro has been slipping since it started, and the lower the Euro goes, the higher our beloved... HA... dollar goes. Europe and the US are getting nasty with Russia about them being balsy with the Georgians, and if they don't back down soon, we could start kicking them out of things... like the G8 among others. If that happens, they will mess with Europes oil supply lowing THEIR currency, and since we get our oil from the Saudis... we won't be affected NEARLY as much, thus making our dollar QUITE strong and silver look QUITE bad.

~Dave

I have to dissent with respect to what could happen if the Russia situation gets worse via war. Generally, such instability makes gold and silver go up. Plus, any disruption in oil will cause oil to go up, and gold has been tracking up and down right along with oil lately. But no one really knows what will happen for sure.

Jim
 
Hmmm maybe... I need to think about it.

I was talking to one of my dealers about it. Very old knowledgable gentlemen who has been in the business for decades and he made a good case for why the war is bad for PM prices...

I don't remember all his points, so I need to do a littler personal research and think about it a bit more.

You do make sense though... and it would be quite nice if you were right.

~Dave
 
True no one can know for certain where prices are going,but keep in mind the fed has not started rasing rates yet and when they do that will help streghten the dollar.Silver is now at 12.88 and probably still has a ways to go.Long term metals are still a good hedge but it will be awhile befoe we see 20 again.JUst my take on things....hh jon
 
Another good point.

Talking to a friend online about this at the moment as well, and he made a good point about us being in a relative global economy. Much stronger now than anything ever like it in the past, which leads to new and possibly completly opposite effects than normal. It really is more of a gamble than ever.

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom