What's new

How many boxes to complete a roll of silver quarters?

terryin pa

Full Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
138
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been curious with all the grunting and groaning going on about the poor results finding silver quarters crhing.....if anyone actually stuck with it and completed a roll ? (Not counting reject finds and the sort) just straight crhing.How many boxes to accomplish? I dont think anyone is nuts enough to wanna attempt it by themselves and blow all that time, but it maybe a neat idea to get something going among us to do several boxes each or whatever for the month of March till we have a combined total of 40. Anyone interested in participating?
 
Upvote 0
No thanks......one silver coin in 15 to 20 boxes isnt for me :tard:
 
I seem to remember reading somewhere that you can get a silver quarter every 8 boxes. With that being said, there is 40 quarters in a 1 roll. So it would take 320 boxes of quarters to get a roll. Or put in another way, you have to search $160,000 to get less than $100 in silver. Halfs and dimes are way faster!!! ;D
 
Sorry, No. I have had no luck with quarters.

Golden Silver
 
hit80s said:
No thanks......one silver coin in 15 to 20 boxes isnt for me :tard:
You got that right! It's hard enough for me to fill a roll of halves out of 15-20 boxes, nowadays.....FFD
 
I've searched 479,900 quarters and have found 74 silver Washingtons and 3 silver Canadians. IMHO the scarcity only increases the joy of finding one.

Brian
 
I only have found 3 in total this year. My wife and I got a standing liberty last week from Hobby Lobby change.
We or should I say I got a little silly I was so thrilled.
 
Me thinks I'll stick to halves and wait for the kids to give me silver quarters in the lunch line
 
quarters are rough. all those statehoods really decreased the odds of finding much.
 
I was warned not to hunt for silver quarters. Therefore, I am not going to hunt for silver quarters! They are too tough to find! I mostly go for dimes and wheaties! :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom