AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
namster said:
UIC whats the point of getting pissed over it? He is just pointing out a fact.

journalists_guide_to_firearms_ak47_glock1.jpg

Too funny!

Bayter

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanna worn you guys. Don't pass through New York with a hand gun. I was a police officer in Oklahoma, was SWAT and handled a K-9. Never so much as had a traffic ticket. Joined the Army about 5 years ago and got stationed in New York. With of course my duty weapon and my back up weapon. When I arrived at this god forsaken place I was asked if I had any firearms. Being that I had nothing to hide I told them what I had. I was arrested for possessing a handgun in the state of New York without a permit and my weapons were taken for destruction. Can't wait to get back down south! :BangHead: The kicker of it all was my attorney told me that if the handgun, that was locked in my safe, in the back of the Uhaul, was loaded, I would have been charged with a felony and would have certainly done time in prison! I really hate this state!

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew you couldn't carry one there but damn!
Thats crazy!
Move to Kentucky. We welcome you and your guns :icon_thumright:

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@ Bayter, sounds about the same as it is here in crazy California.

Bayter

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Conleytheking

Might just do that. My wife wants to get down to Ft Campbell. Never know, you might have a new neighbor before you know it.

Bigheed, I grew up in southern Cali. I think I'll stay away from there as well. Although I would like to get out your way to do some MDing in the future.

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^ Fort Campbell is a great Post. I've lived in the area since 1962. Bring you and your guns on down. What's your MOS?

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bayter said:
Just wanna worn you guys. Don't pass through New York with a hand gun. I was a police officer in Oklahoma, was SWAT and handled a K-9. Never so much as had a traffic ticket. Joined the Army about 5 years ago and got stationed in New York. With of course my duty weapon and my back up weapon. When I arrived at this god forsaken place I was asked if I had any firearms. Being that I had nothing to hide I told them what I had. I was arrested for possessing a handgun in the state of New York without a permit and my weapons were taken for destruction. Can't wait to get back down south! :BangHead: The kicker of it all was my attorney told me that if the handgun, that was locked in my safe, in the back of the Uhaul, was loaded, I would have been charged with a felony and would have certainly done time in prison! I really hate this state!

The JBT "protecting" us by harassing good citizens, all the while letting the scum roam free. Welcome to the new Amerika. Arbeit macht frei.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every single weapon you own must be registered in the state of Mass. Had a friend going through a divorce, the police confiscated every single gun he had and held them until the divorce decree was final. :angry5:

There is a reason why you pick where to live. In Florida you do not even have to go through an FFL dealer to sell a pistol privately.
The state has no clue who owns what and I like it that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also picked up an awesome deal on clips today, three for the price of 1. :hello2:

Bayter

Dec 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usandthem- I'm a 15F20 Aircraft electrician. I've got several friends that have moved down there and they love the area. Been up here for 4+ years, it's time to go. They snow is crazy and about 50% of the people need a good ole fashioned country whoopin.

FreedomUIC/Conpewter- It's official I'm either moving to Florida or Illinois.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
FreedomUIC said:
Excuse me for my ignorance. My f'ning CLIP only holds 13 rounds, the Glock has a clip that holds 17 not counting the one
in the tube. Maybe I should use the word barrel instead of "Tube" as well, guess shooting since I was 10 and habits are
hard to break, but I will continue to try and improve my social and verbal skills.

My pet peeve is morons who feel that they have to berate or correct something about a post they believe to be inaccurate in their own little world.

I am not berating you, I am informing you that you are using the wrong word completely. A Clip is a very different thing to a magazine and the terms are not interchangeable. Saying "Clip" when you mean "magazine" is rather like talking about socks when you mean boots. A clip is used to load a fixed magazine of a gun, they can also be used to load a detachable magazine for a gun. A magazine on the other hand holds the rounds and feeds them into the firearm by use of a spring.

poster33090609rc9-tm.jpg

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImpurestStewart said:
Don't carry into bank but have one in my truck. I hope I never have to use it.

I hope I dont ever have to use it either. But if I do ill be the one to walk away. I deal with the nightmars later.

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
conleytheking said:
Amen...I'd hate to have to use it..
But if it comes down to it...I could always use my halves to pay my jail bond..
Better them go down, than myself.

No jail time in Florida. "Stand your ground" and the "Castle" doctrine allows for the use of deadly force if you FEEL that your life
or another persons life, is in danger. Just make damn sure the person cannot come back and testify against you.

Judge: Why are there 13 holes in the victim.
Defendant: He was still moving your honor and my clip only holds 13 rounds.

LOL thats pretty good but true.
Judge: :Smack: Case Dismissed.

EZPZ

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bayter said:

Dude that stinks. I wonder if they know they had to pay for that duty weapon with the TAXES they pay. I wonder why we have so much debt???
I went to NY for vacation 2 years ago. I hated the city, upstate was pretty reminded me of GA. Didnt know you had to have a permit. And they say America has freedom.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cooper36 said:
Bayter said:

Dude that stinks. I wonder if they know they had to pay for that duty weapon with the TAXES they pay. I wonder why we have so much debt???
I went to NY for vacation 2 years ago. I hated the city, upstate was pretty reminded me of GA. Didnt know you had to have a permit. And they say America has freedom.

The constitution gives us the right to bear arms. States have taken it a step further and required ID for those people carrying concealed weapons. I believe that is OK in my book and let me tell you why.
If you are carrying and stopped by an LEO, it is best to show him up front that you are carrying a weapon. A card is an excellent way to show him without showing the weapon. In Florida you also have the three step rule. If it takes three or more steps to assemble and shoot your firearm, you can carry that firearm in your vehicle, concealed without a permit. Example, Gun is stored without ammo in your
glovebox, ammo is stored seperately from your gun, third step is loading the weapon. That makes it easy for you to transport
weapons from and to the range without having to deal with a license. There is talk about open carry in this state, no permit required.
The idea of a permit also keeps felons from carrying a concealed weapon (In Theory). Without a concealed weapons permit, you must wait the three days to pickup your purchase from a gun store (Brady Law), with a permit you are free to walk out the door with the weapon the same day you purchase it.

Florida also is one of the few states that allows "Automatic" weapons to be purchased and used. They are classified as a type "C" weapon if I am not mistaken. You must get a new stamp each year for every "Automatic" weapon you have, roughly $200.00 per
weapon in state fees. The ranges down here have "Automatic" night, you must show your stamp before you can shoot it. I witnessed one of these nights about a year ago. The ammunition industry in Florida is well supported is all I am going to say about that. :laughing7:

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
In ky there is no wait to take home any gun...when yoy buy any firearm they call it in...and you take it home right then. It's pretty nice.
I have my cc. I would carry open in a holster before my cc came in.
And Ky is another state where you can get fully auto weapons, if you pay the tax stamp ofcourse. Lol.
Supressors too ;D

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
cooper36 said:
Bayter said:

The constitution gives us the right to bear arms. States have taken it a step further and required ID for those people carrying concealed weapons. I believe that is OK in my book and let me tell you why.
If you are carrying and stopped by an LEO, it is best to show him up front that you are carrying a weapon. A card is an excellent way to show him without showing the weapon. In Florida you also have the three step rule. If it takes three or more steps to assemble and shoot your firearm, you can carry that firearm in your vehicle, concealed without a permit. Example, Gun is stored without ammo in your
glovebox, ammo is stored seperately from your gun, third step is loading the weapon. That makes it easy for you to transport
weapons from and to the range without having to deal with a license. There is talk about open carry in this state, no permit required.
The idea of a permit also keeps felons from carrying a concealed weapon (In Theory). Without a concealed weapons permit, you must wait the three days to pickup your purchase from a gun store (Brady Law), with a permit you are free to walk out the door with the weapon the same day you purchase it.

Florida also is one of the few states that allows "Automatic" weapons to be purchased and used. They are classified as a type "C" weapon if I am not mistaken. You must get a new stamp each year for every "Automatic" weapon you have, roughly $200.00 per
weapon in state fees. The ranges down here have "Automatic" night, you must show your stamp before you can shoot it. I witnessed one of these nights about a year ago. The ammunition industry in Florida is well supported is all I am going to say about that. :laughing7:

I is bad you have to pay the state to have a weapon, just another way the state keeps tabs on you.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:

The $200 tax stamp is federal and only required when you have the weapon transferred to you. No yearly tax stamp.

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
Florida also is one of the few states that allows "Automatic" weapons to be purchased and used. They are classified as a type "C" weapon if I am not mistaken.

Actually only 7 states ban the ownership of Class III weapons. More states ban suppressors than MGs.

HoosierDaddy

Greenie
Nov 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't beat Indiana here. LIFETIME CCL for $125, no safety course, no yearly upkeep fee.....just $125 and it's yours in about 6 wks. Personally, I never carry into a bank. The Walther P5 stays in the locked glove box. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions