What's new

How many of you guys on the east coast have found a 1964 d half?

golden silver

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
2,771
Reaction score
121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
I am just curious because it is the last half dollar left to find to fill up my book. I have a ton of 64 halves but in all of them not one D mint mark. I once heard that most of the 64d's were on the west coast. I am sure I will find one one day soon.

-Golden Silver
 
Upvote 0
I think it is funny how all of these seasoned coin roll hunters did not know this. LOL.

-Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
I think it is funny how all of these seasoned coin roll hunters did not know this. LOL.

-Golden Silver

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.
 
OPPPS!!! I have a couple upon further review.... WOW and I even am a coin collector not just a CRH... I feel like an idiot.

Thanks for the heads up.
Jason
 
I did not know that pre 1965 coins have the mint mark on the reverse but since i saw the Franklin with the mint on the back I check all coins for mint Mark on the back if it is not on the observe.
 
i guess my wife's bumper sticker is right...."all men are idiots and i married thier king" :icon_king:
 
The first of the few Kennedy Halves I looked at was a 1964 D, I'll sell it to you, if you want...

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
Beans said:
golden silver said:
I think it is funny how all of these seasoned coin roll hunters did not know this. LOL.

-Golden Silver

I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks.

LOL this is rich!!!! :tongue3:
 
I am laughing right now you guys are great!! Now I don't feel like such an idiot. I guess this was a useful topic after all. Mistergee Your wife has the bumper sticker my wife has the T-shirt. LOL

-Golden Silver
 
Now that is better In just looking through a few of my 64s I found 5 or 6 64d's and have completed my set and it sounds like many of you guys will have done the same. Great forum, Great people.

-Golden Silver
 
i'm afraid to look....its one thing to think your an idiot....but proving it to yourself sucks ;D
 
I've found 2 Denver mint halves out of the 100 or so 64's I have found. It's not just you.
 
Rats! I happen to have a 64d I was planning to hold over your head. But since you have one, I can't employ it as a bribe to get you to the beach. I wish I could claim excellency and proclaim I knew all along, but, the MM eluded me also. Only after reading it here was I aware of the reverse mark. Crazy mint engineer engraver people...I tell ya...
 
The funny thing was that I thought everybody knew... :D
 
TreasureFiend said:
The funny thing was that I thought everybody knew... :D

I would like to think everybody knew, but I know better. Sometimes its why a coin that is mentioned in a post does not make the tracking list. If I don't think the person lists the mintmarks, I don't add the coins they found. Obviously this system is not perfect, but its what I use.

Also in the tracking list there is a list of where exactly on the coin the mintmarks are located on many of the coins. Immy wrote it up a couple of years ago and I have been attaching it to the tracking list ever since.
 
Wow is this a great thread. I thought, like most, that the 64 reverse MM was common knowledge!

For the record, I've found more 64-P halves (23) than D (18) and I'm on the west coast. How's that for skewing the norm.
 
I have at this time 112 1964 and 146 1964D Kennedy Halves. Most werwe bought at 8 - 9 times face, as an investment in the hopes of silver going up, but some were found CRH.

It seems I have a few more D's though then plains.

John - in AZ
 
well i finally looked at mine to see if i had any ......out of 3 rolls of 1964's.....0 1964d's.... ;D or should i say :-[
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom