What's new

how many oz?

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't own a digital scale so if somebody could help with these questions I thank you

How many ounces of silver in...

40% half?
90% half?
quarter?
mercury dime?
rosie dime?
 
Upvote 0
Type silver coin calculator into google first one should do it
 
Hey Pdiddy,

It takes Roughly 7 40% halves to equal just over 1 oz. It takes roughly 3 90% to equal just over 1oz. Just FYI silver dollars are roughly .72 oz of silver. Hope that helps.

Golden Silver
 
Piercesdad said:
I don't own a digital scale so if somebody could help with these questions I thank you

How many ounces of silver in...

40% half?
90% half?
quarter?
mercury dime?
rosie dime?

Here is an easy formula for 90% coins using the standard circulated weight.

.715 oz of silver per $1 Face Value

90% half has .715 *.50 = .3575 oz Ag
90% quarter has .715 * .25 = .17875 oz Ag
90% dime has .715 *.10 = .0715 oz Ag

A 40 % half has .1475 oz Ag

If you have Uncirculated coins change the .715 to .723

HH,
65GT350
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom