What's new

How NOT Repeat NOT to use a Metal Detector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2016
Messages
3,689
Reaction score
8,247
Golden Thread
1
Location
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WWII buff?s vintage grenade collection explodes | New York Post


"Neighbors said the collector regularly scours local fields for vintage military weapons using a metal detector, the German paper reported."


Someone is glad they are still in one piece and not spattered all over the place. WOW

I wonder if it is diggerdan?
 
Sounds like the episode of Detectorists, which was a fabulous show if you've never seen it. Such a shame it got cancelled.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
Detectorist's didn't get cancelled, it was the end of the run for the show. Something more shows need to think about doing before they go bad. I'm not saying Detectorist's would have gone bad, but it's gotta be hard to keep up a great show year after year.
 
Ah. Thank you for clarifying that! I thought I read that it got cancelled. They did do an episode at Christmas time in the year that the second season ended and I haven't seen it yet.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 
Thanx for the link scuba. I know a guy who found a grenade in a woodsy area of a park here in CA. When he got it out of the ground, he didn't initially recognize what it was (d/t it was all still caked with dirt). He proceeded to bang on it with his digger, to get the crud/mud off. The instant he recognized what it was, he dropped it and took off running !

He called the cops, which sent in bomb units. They cordoned off the area, and exploded it . (If I recall, it had been live).

So I just sent him your link. He'll get a kick out of that !
 
detectorists did not get canceled nor are they done. The are filming the 3rd, and what Crook says is the final season this summer. Presumably to air this winter like the first 2 seasons did. See the Danebury Metal Detecting Club site on facebook for confirmation.
 
That's even better news!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom