What's new

How not to go fishing.......

bigscoop

Gold Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2010
Messages
14,653
Reaction score
9,097
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll need a clean, small razorblade knife (I use a crafter's knife) a pair of small but strong wire snips, some ice to numb the area around the hooks, and some peroxide or other form of wound cleaning agent.
A) Soak the injured area (areas when using trebble hooks) in ice until numb.
B) Push hooks far enough through so you can cut the barbs off of the hooks.
C) Pull cut hooks back through until completely out.
D) Clean and disinfect wounded area/areas.

(#7 floating Rapala, 3lb bass still flipping around on lure that is hanging from fingers. This is not how you should go fishing!) :laughing7:
 
Pics we must have pics....Matt
 
Ouch! Where's the pics?? C'mon man quit holding out!
 
I don't know why.....but it just never dawned on me to take pictures of the lure stuck in my finger tips. All I was thinking about was digging the thing out. Odd thing is, I've fished "a lot" all my life and I'd never run a hook through me. Now in just the last four years I've done it three times, each time I was using a Rapala and each time I simply lost my grip on the fish. :dontknow:
 
Had one so deep once had to go to the Hospital to have it removed :tongue3:
 
bigscoop said:
I don't know why.....but it just never dawned on me to take pictures of the lure stuck in my finger tips. All I was thinking about was digging the thing out. Odd thing is, I've fished "a lot" all my life and I'd never run a hook through me. Now in just the last four years I've done it three times, each time I was using a Rapala and each time I simply lost my grip on the fish. :dontknow:

Nice thing about Rapalas, easy to set the hook & they hold. Wonder if that's why they've been around so long.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom