mick56
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jun 2, 2007
- Messages
- 1,348
- Reaction score
- 1,149
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Southern Wisconsin
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- ATPro
They are in front of the dinosaur museum which was originally the post office. It was built in 1909, but then actually moved in 1934. The light fixture placement (which changed in the move) shows it to be the original location, so it would date to somewhere between 1909-1934. That’s as close as I can get.
nhbenz, When you decide to help someone, your results are always first class! I don't even know how you found that information, but you are a real asset on this forum. Amazing skills!
Thank you for the kind words Kray.
I learned of the building movement and current use here:
Kenosha Historical and Art Museum - Kenosha, WI - American Guide Series on Waymarking.com
but they didn’t mention the original build date, so I found that here:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civic_Center_Historic_District_(Kenosha,_Wisconsin)
I do wish the date range was smaller, but it’s a start.