What's new

how old is this relic i found? any opinions?

bootey_hunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2010
Messages
82
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
found in a local park last week. not sure how to research it . def looks old. any info would be appreciated.. looks like mary on the front with some words alond the edge. "o mary you ....sin pray for us....recourse to thee" the back has a cross and a large M in the middle along with 12 stars in a circle and 2 burning hearts

my camera sucks.. and this computer im on isnt mine.. it sucks as well

thanks guys
hh
 

Attachments

  • 100_0423.webp
    100_0423.webp
    92 KB · Views: 104
  • 100_0422.webp
    100_0422.webp
    65 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
To me it looks like some sort of religious pendant but like you said the photos are kind of hard to see.
 
yes it is def religous... just curious of its age.. is the blueish green discoloration any clue of how old it may be? it is very fragile. almost flakes apart.
 
After 1830 for sure,I've found one off a site that dated late 1800's. But could be any time for them after 1830.Mine is the pics. below...........

Here's the story...........
Take Care,
Pete:hello:


religious pendant. Marked 1830 to commemorate On November 27, 1830, Catherine reported that the Blessed Mother returned during evening meditations. She displayed herself inside an oval frame, standing upon a globe, wearing many rings of different colors, most of which shone rays of light over the globe.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0032[1][2].webp
    IMG_0032[1][2].webp
    74.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0031[1][2].webp
    IMG_0031[1][2].webp
    79.2 KB · Views: 105
The one on the bottom is 1830 I believe and went for about $30.
 

Attachments

  • il_fullxfull_280639334.webp
    il_fullxfull_280639334.webp
    134.3 KB · Views: 100
wow... those look very similar to mine.. so its safe to say late 1800's! very cool... thank you so much

hh Bruno
 
AMM | Story of the Miraculous Medal

There's the info on it.

I doubt yours is an 1800s one. They are pretty common and you will find more of them in time. They still make them just like that to this day. I find a couple per year and I hit a spot once that I got 4 in a day at, 2 of them were sterling.

Yours is probably anywhere from 1900 to 1950 or so I would imagine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom