How Old Is Too Old?

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering...I turned 50 last Saturday and today is the first day of classes for the summer session of college. I last went to college 20 years ago, and wasn't able to finish. Now I have my Pell Grant in order, and am able to return full time. I am going to get a degree in education and be a teacher. I've had jobs. I've had jobs that I thought were careers. But to be a teacher is a calling. I'll probably be older than alot of my instructors!LOL.
So, I guess you're really never too old to persue your dream. What do you think? What's your dream? Persue that dream! :icon_study:
Scott

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
You know Scott....I just turned 53 and have been considering going back to college too! BTW, Happy Belated Birthday!

If you consider yourself old, then you are....but the way I look at....it's ok to be a kid, it's ok to act silly, but being mature you know when to be serious too!

We all have a bit of a kid in us...it's ok to let them come out and play.

And going back to college, why not? You have fun, learn all you can, enjoy every moment and I wish you nothing but the best and good grades! Learning does NOT have an age limit!!!
Annmarie

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron and Ann said:
You know Scott....I just turned 53 and have been considering going back to college too! BTW, Happy Belated Birthday!

If you consider yourself old, then you are....but the way I look at....it's ok to be a kid, it's ok to act silly, but being mature you know when to be serious too!

We all have a bit of a kid in us...it's ok to let them come out and play.

And going back to college, why not? You have fun, learn all you can, enjoy every moment and I wish you nothing but the best and good grades! Learning does NOT have an age limit!!!
Annmarie
Thanks! I still feel young most days...like maybe in my 20's. I never had kids so I'm living the life of a kid still.
Scott

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:occasion13: :occasion16: :occasion13: :occasion18: :occasion15: :occasion13:

happy birthday!! good luck... and since you still feel young at heart.. you might wanna
sit next to ANYONE you can find in the class with a "beer pong" shirt on!
if its English or finance pm me ill help ya out!

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Don't do it scott, my son is home from college and we just played beer pong over the week end and some of these kids are experts at it now. :happy2: :occasion16: :occasion14:

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD Dog said:
Don't do it scott, my son is home from college and we just played beer pong over the week end and some of these kids are experts at it now. :happy2: :occasion16: :occasion14:

MD youre the coolest dad ever!

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
K*E*L*L*Y said:
MD Dog said:

MD youre the coolest dad ever!

I don't know about coolest Kelly but on Sunday I was probably closest to one of the drunkest ever. :D

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I only have one class this summer, Composition II. Thought that would help me ease back into the college thing again. But this fall, I'll have 4 classes-Art history and appreciation, Human communication, US history 1876-present, and Political science. Not to worry mate, I don't do beer bongs, I like to ENJOY my beer one drink at a time.(MANY drinks!)
Scott
Think I'll wear this t shirt to the first day of classes to start the semester off right! :laughing7:

Attachments

• IM002055.JPG
    IM002055.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 138

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahaha md we shall play beer pong sometime!! that i gotta see!

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
ritchiec.jpg

Remember the Happy Days episode where Richie (Ron Howard), hospitalized for drinking too much, explains to his pacing father (Tom Bosley) that he only had those itty bitty teeny weenie shot glasses? Still pacing, "Mr. C." asks how many? Richie forces an answer: About 72.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
You are never too old to go back to school. Go back and get your degree. I graduated in 1996 and in each of my classes there was a "non-traditional student". They had great ideas and experiences. One guy that I graduated with was retired with 6 grandchildren. I say GO FOR IT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread