What's new

How to abort the olive oil treatment?

mxtswinger

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2006
Messages
446
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
I have been reading here and elsewhere that my copper coins now in olive oil (Lg Cents, IH's) should not be there. How do I go about removing the oil from the coins in order to try the distilled water method?
 
I have found the best thing for dissolving oil and grease is Dawn dishwashing soap. (Note: this is not a commercial.) Really, it is one product that does what it claims. I use it after working on my car. It gets the grease off, and doesn't leave my hands feeling like I still have to wash them. (Really, any dish soap should dissolve oils, I just found that the Dawn brand works best.)

Don't know how it works on olive oil or coins, never tried it. But it should do the trick. Use a dilute solution, the concentration you'd use for washing really dirty pots and pans. Let it soak for a time, then rinse. I'll bet it works well enough for you.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom