What's new

How to clean ancient european bronze coins

coinhound1983

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2012
Messages
349
Reaction score
138
Golden Thread
0
Need help pls. Have 20 bronze coins from bulgaria my friend is shipping to me from Germany. I've never cleaned my own coins before but I think these are caked with dirt and kind of busted up. What the best way to bring out the detail for something like this?
 
We need to know just how old the coins are, and what we are up against, best to post pictures when you have the coins.:thumbsup:

Ss
 
Kk, I'm having them picked up around 8pm central time.. Will post ASAP
 
Heres a coin I bought on eBay from a reputable seller on he had stated that his were found in Bulgaria as well and were professionally restored, I did this because my friend is getting to MD Europe and I'm stuck in SE louisiana so I got the fever of ancient coins. I do not know if this is actually a reproduction or not. If this is a real coin, I guess I'd be expecting something like this but still caked.
 

Attachments

  • image-3385816697.webp
    image-3385816697.webp
    101.6 KB · Views: 124
  • image-2490256783.webp
    image-2490256783.webp
    89.5 KB · Views: 124
  • image-4023734084.webp
    image-4023734084.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 128
  • image-895178942.webp
    image-895178942.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 118
if you are going to buy Roman coins, go for the as dug, not cleaned.

SS
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom