What's new

How to dump searched halves?

THNJ

Greenie
Joined
Sep 7, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hello all,

I used to buy boxes of halves to search but changing them in became such a hassle since the machine at my bank used bags to hold the change and they filled up at $50. So cashing in nearly $500 at a time was starting to annoy the employees there. I would like to start searching again and was looking for some suggestions on cashing in the refuse?? Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Find a new bank that will accept more than $50, wow that's odd. Mine accepts $500 at a time bagged. AMC
 
Oh they would take more than $50 the issue was that the bag in the machine would fill at $50 so someone would have to change it a few times every time that I went. When you say $500 at a time bagged do you mean you just put it in a bag and give it to them no counting?
 
THNJ said:
Hello all,

I used to buy boxes of halves to search but changing them in became such a hassle since the machine at my bank used bags to hold the change and they filled up at $50. So cashing in nearly $500 at a time was starting to annoy the employees there. I would like to start searching again and was looking for some suggestions on cashing in the refuse?? Thanks

One of my dump banks has a machine that only holds $100 before the teller has to dump the coin holder into a bag. It counts the coins super fast, but does take time for the teller to empty the collection cup into the bag. It is not a self service machine so I just sit there and wait. I try to not go to that bank unless I am in that area and desperate to get rid of some rejects.

The other banks I go to either have a coin counter that holds $1000 in halves in a canvas bag inside the machine, or a self service machine that has a metal box that holds $500 before the teller has to come over and change it.

Jim
 
I see, come to think of it maybe it did hold $100 but regardless thats a few bag changes. FYI that was a Commerce Bank. Any suggestions on banks with better machines?
 
My bank gave me a bunch of plastic deposit bags to take home. I can put up to 500 in halves in each bag(loose not rolled), then put my name and account number on there and bring them in. The hand me over 500 cash, if its ever short they will deduct it from my account (has never happened)
 
THNJ said:
I see, come to think of it maybe it did hold $100 but regardless thats a few bag changes. FYI that was a Commerce Bank. Any suggestions on banks with better machines?
My very small CU with only 2 branches, has a machine (self-serve) that counts to a $500 bag that they change when full. It also fills 2 $500 dime bags.
I would call around to find a bank with a counter.
 
THNJ said:
I see, come to think of it maybe it did hold $100 but regardless thats a few bag changes. FYI that was a Commerce Bank. Any suggestions on banks with better machines?


It varies. Some banks of the same branch here have great machines that hold 1000 and some have ones that have to be emptied at 100. It seems that the branches in the more busy (populated?) areas have the better and faster machines. You will just have to go to different banks and see what they use. It is worth opening an account somewhere just to dump, especially if they are nice and have a good machine. You can open a savings account with 100 or less usually. I try not to abuse the free coin counting service at my dump banks. I rarely take more than 700-800 worth at once. Otherwise, the tellers will get pi$$ed and jack with you in some way; try to charge fees, etc. The tellers are only human, and if you make them do too much work for you they will resent it, especially if they know you are making money from this. Granted, they should be happy to serve you because you are their customer, but you know how things sometimes go.


Jim
 
eastbaybounty said:
My bank gave me a bunch of plastic deposit bags to take home. I can put up to 500 in halves in each bag(loose not rolled), then put my name and account number on there and bring them in. The hand me over 500 cash, if its ever short they will deduct it from my account (has never happened)


That is exactly what I need to find that would be ideal.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone hopefully I'll be getting some counts up on here soon.
 
eastbaybounty said:
My bank gave me a bunch of plastic deposit bags to take home. I can put up to 500 in halves in each bag(loose not rolled), then put my name and account number on there and bring them in. The hand me over 500 cash, if its ever short they will deduct it from my account (has never happened)


That sounds great. If I could do that I would increase my CRHing since I hate dumping rejects (thru the machine).

Jim
 
My Bank is BOFA by the way, I forgot to mention that before, I order through one branch, and dump at another.
 
eastbaybounty said:
My bank gave me a bunch of plastic deposit bags to take home. I can put up to 500 in halves in each bag(loose not rolled), then put my name and account number on there and bring them in. The hand me over 500 cash, if its ever short they will deduct it from my account (has never happened)
Exactly the same game for me.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom