How to find a lost GoPro camera?

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Hello,

I just got a new BH Tracker IV detector in hopes of finding a lost GoPro Hero Session 5 camera I lost a while back in a field of tall thick grass. Being that this is not a usual thing to hunt I am looking for suggestions on how to set my detectors settings to have the best possibility of finding the camera.

I tried for a while in all metal mode but the grass is thick even though the first frost flattened it out a bit but I am getting so many false readings that are frustrating. The camera is not buried in the ground but is buried in the grass by now. However, I am not entirely sure that is the area it was lost in. The camera was mounted on one of my FPV quadcopters I was flying in the field and it bounced off of that building and crashed. My wife and I walked all over that area but had no luck finding it.

Any suggestions on settings would be appreciated and FYI, I do have another one just like it so if that helps in settings suggestions I am glad.
I have attached a picture of the area I am looking in so you can see what I am up against.

Thanks!
A heavy dose of Roundup..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would try and Discriminate out the Go pro.
then back one click Below where it Disappears
then check the area . of course if you can't Discriminate it out,
turn on full disc. and watch for the numbers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread