How to find an old magazine article?

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished a very old book called Introduction to treasure hunting by Alan Smith. In the back there's a section called recommended reading I don't know how to dig up old magazine articles online if they are even on the web. The article in question is Heavens remember the volstead act by Arnett, Judd from the Detroit free press 29 Oct 1969. Anyone know how to search for this online? I figure this could be a topic that will help others with research.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newspapers.com should have the article. You can get a free week to try it out. I don't have an account.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ill look into it. On another note about research I've always wondered about libraries and those microfiche machines. Ive never used one and i don't think my old local library even has one. My new library is in a city and larger but I've never seem any of those machines. I wonder if they have had everything transferred over to computers.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ill look into it. On another note about research I've always wondered about libraries and those microfiche machines. Ive never used one and i don't think my old local library even has one. My new library is in a city and larger but I've never seem any of those machines. I wonder if they have had everything transferred over to computers.

In most cases, I think that is true, transferred to computers.

OP
OP
neo

neo

Jul 15, 2013
Hickory NC
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have not but i will.

Top Member Reactions