What's new

How to find rings on the wetsand?

methevas2

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2013
Messages
77
Reaction score
35
Golden Thread
0
Ive yet to find a ring on wetsand. I can only ever really find a few coins. I have a minelab excal 2, I live in nothwest florida and detect at the beaches there on the ocean. ALL TIPS will be appreciated - thanks
 
Upvote 0
Wet sand is a hard detect, to find items & also if people recently drop rings, they are usually right there to pick up rather then loose, dry sand which engulfs pretty much everything easily. I look for berms or sand dunes on the top of the beach and I go behind them. Whatever washes up during storms & high tides is trapped behind them & I have found rings lying visible to the eye in pools behind them.
 
Some awesome advice here, thanks all who have taken the time to post. I feel like I have gained six months to a year of knowledge reading this thread. Even tough I can't gain from it at the moment, someday I will. :D
 
Really?
I have several of Gary’s books, which I have read numerous times and retain for reference and that is not my interpretation – not even close. He advocates having a list of top producing beach and water hunting sites which he periodically hunts when conditions are right to increase chances of finding something good.

When he arrives late at an area which he wants to hunt, he looks for an area that was missed by the other hunters to increase his odds. Also, he carefully observes the other hunters and their equipment to determine their capability, search pattern and how fast they are hunting.

If you look at the pictures that go along with his posts and past finds, it is obvious that he is not bragging, but merely stating the fact(s).

You are right about him busting his hump. He is beyond competitive, highly skilled, dedicated and disciplined. I am greatful that he has shared as many of his secrets as he has. I know that I am a better treasure hunter for it.

Well said Sir I fully agree with you.



aussie
 
This dogs staying on the porch..... but as far as wet sand hunting. Im looking more for the ones that get missed and they normally are smaller. Why, because they do move as do the ones with stones. On high beaches they are more difficult to find. But if you can look down the beach and see a more level area try up higher especially in the high tide mark with the can slaw or gray sand. It works.... ive gotten 3 in the past two weeks to prove it. Heavy gold like BS said tends to stay in place.... but ive found that may very based on how close to shore they were lost. Good movement at knee deep they may well move closer to shore especially during the extreme high and low tides during the winter. You also have to take into consideration the amount of hunters MOST will check the lower areas for the bigger rings. But they forget.... in the summer the tides were higher and thats when most of our jewerly gets lost.

dew
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom