tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bump...
This is a great quesiton, those of you who have been here for awhile, please share your secrets as to help others. Post a sample letter or two that you may have sent.

Thanks

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I always do it in person. It's harder for people to say no when your standing there. I always interduc myself and explain what I'm looking for and why there property would be a good place to hunt. I will often carry a few coins and a ring I have found to show them and make a joke about finding a trunk of gold and splitting it with them. It just takes practice in reading people and knowing what to say.

OP
OP
I

iHuntTreasure

Feb 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you say about digging holes in their yards? "You'll never know I was even there when I leave.." ??

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you say about digging holes in their yards? "You'll never know I was even there when I leave.." ??

Yes for the most part I show them my digger and explain I cut a plug and drop cloth so they can't even see where I dug. I have found the two reasons people say no is they think your bringing the big shovel and digging craters or they feel you are taking from them. if I feel they are leaning towards no I simply ensure them that I will show them what I have found before I leave.

tims1chap

Feb 6, 2013
Winchester, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank all of you for your guidance. As long as we share the good nuggets like this, it helps make all of us look better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread