What's new

How to identify sites on the river

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
19,212
Reaction score
12,627
Golden Thread
1
Location
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Archeologist David Dean works above Knoxville ,TN. He is writing a book on the kirk clusters. But in this video of Chasing History he goes out and shows you how to identify a site and age it.
I thought it has some useful information especially finding the all to common fire cracked rocks from hearths and a fun watch for people who hunt waters edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9AZyhxx_lI&frags=pl,wn
 
Upvote 0
Thanks Tnmountains, that's 30 minutes of work time I won't be getting back lol. This video is particular interesting to me because it's based in my neck of the woods. I used to cross Boone lake often when going to Johnson City. It's also useful since I've been trying to locate new sites here in Alabama to hunt.
 
Thanks Tnmountains, that's 30 minutes of work time I won't be getting back lol. This video is particular interesting to me because it's based in my neck of the woods. I used to cross Boone lake often when going to Johnson City. It's also useful since I've been trying to locate new sites here in Alabama to hunt.

I run down and hunt Alabama often. There are thousands of sites there. Rare to see an Archeologist work with a collector but they do. I fished Boone but never hunter it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom