What's new

HOW TO PRESERVE OLD WOOD 1903?

Davers

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2013
Messages
8,237
Reaction score
7,296
Golden Thread
0
Location
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have dug an old 1902pat sterling hair brush ,there are no bristles left but the wooden innards w/hand sewn whatever;[holes where the bristles were] I would to preserve ?what would be the best way. I thank everyone for any info that will help :happysmiley:
 
Buy the linseed oil pre-boiled at a hardware or possibly Rocklers (online)...
 
Hope that this post isn't too late. Minwax makes a liquid wood preservative that can be painted or sprayed onto the wood, and it is very good at stopping all rot and further deterioration. It,s available at most all pain and hardware stores, and I have had very good luck with using it. It also takes paint very well. Hope that this little tidbit helps.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom