Howdy Neighbor! Princeton, MN

GrizzlyGroundswell

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2011
Princeton, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, And others
Greetings from Princeton, MN!

I seem to have been a relic & treasure hunter all my life but it has yet to be a full year since I actually had the tools to do it right. I started with a Ted Williams Sears & Roebuck metal detector I picked for 50 cents at a local Grizzly Garage Sale took it home, popped in a new battery and within minutes from my front door pulled an old horse shoe out of the ground. Needless to say, I was hooked.

I jumped in with both feet learning the ins and outs with a BountyHunter Quick Draw II then when I was comfortable with this addiction, I purchased the Minelab e-trac and a cobra beach pro with the BOGO deal. I have been hitting it hard ever since.

I have been online as an activist and entrepreneur so I applied the tools I had to promoting fellow metal detectors, launched Temerity Magazine and started posting my videos on YouTube/user/grizzlygroundswell.

I foolishly thought I could run a forum, but with so many great forums like Treasurenet.com I shut her down and decided to just lift up the great forums that are already doing the heavy lifting. My blog is Grizzly Groundswell and my main site is Theodore Media, my business that contains all my "throw it against the wall and work with whatever sticks" business strategy.

I started out this year, hoping to travel the USA hunting with other great metal detectors and possibly pitching the show idea to a major network. Funds were low and still with that American dream I instead turned to my own Grizzly Backyard and I am having fun uncovering the Pioneer Spirit that strives for that American Dream from the relic, treasure and research I do on each hunt location.

I publish what I find in Temerity Magazine, on my YouTube channel, and my blog. I share the finds 50/50 with all my great property owners and do my part to inspire and recover that history and those stories that need to be told.

I enjoy lifting up my fellow metal detecting, bottle hunting, coin roll hunting, gold panning, relic & treasure addicts and do that best through Temerity Magazine.

I mostly hunt by my lonesome as I prefer not to coin shoot but rather recover even the iron as it all helps tell that story. I have had some luck finding hunting partners, but I am looking forward to finding more in my area that share my love of history and telling the stories the powers that be just don't want us to get out!

In 2011, I have hunted a Turn of the Century one room school house, 160 year old General Store, pre-statehood farmstead, 4-H Summer Camp, Historic 1st Gold Claim and operation in Minnesota, and I have some really great locations on the Horizon.

Summer seems to be speeding by and I feel like I have just got started.

I like TreasureNet.com because every time I find something I can't identify, I do a google search and someone, somewhere has already found it and identified it, and it is posted here on TreasureNet.com!

Get Grizzy!

Attachments

• 899162863_c062a79ba1_t.jpg
    899162863_c062a79ba1_t.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 88

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used