What's new

Huckleberry Finn

Duckshot

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2014
Messages
4,494
Reaction score
9,643
Golden Thread
0
Location
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm reading Huck Finn for about the first time in two decades. Good story, i just got to chapter 22.

Andybody here read Huckleberry Finn or any other Mark Twain lately?

Eta, I'm reading from a Grosser & Dunlap 1948 illustrated by Donald McKay, missing the dust jacket. Beats watching t.v.!
 
Last edited:
I'm wondering if the new editions have been revised in the use of a certain word?
Haven't read any Twain in probably 30 years myself.
 
I'm wondering if the new editions have been revised in the use of a certain word?
Haven't read any Twain in probably 30 years myself.


I can't fathom why some seem to believe that a story about befriending a slave and helping him run away is somehow racist.
 
The,some,that you are referring to Duckshot are a bunch of dumbazzes.Doesnt matter what it is they'll find a reason to cry,whine,etc,racism.The fact is the ones that cry racist the loudest are the true racists.Theyre just to stupid to realise it.Sad but true.
 
The,some,that you are referring to Duckshot are a bunch of dumbazzes.Doesnt matter what it is they'll find a reason to cry,whine,etc,racism.The fact is the ones that cry racist the loudest are the true racists.Theyre just to stupid to realise it.Sad but true.

You and Jim agree then-

"Dat truck dah is trash; en trash is what people is dat puts dirt on de head er dey fren's end make 'em ashamed"- brother Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom