What's new

Huge Block of High Grade Ore????

Ifyndit

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2007
Messages
255
Reaction score
43
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
I bought this at an estate sale last weekend. It appears to be a large block of metal that has been melted into a solid block that measures 1'x6"x4.5" and weighs about 50 pounds. A rare earth magnet has some attraction to the block but not much. In one corner of the block a small area is broken away and it appears that the metal has a copper/gold tone. The block is fairly hard and not soft like lead. My thought when I bought this was that it is a block of high grade ore matte that may consist of several (hopefully precious) metals.

Anyone have any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • DSC06513.webp
    DSC06513.webp
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,193
  • DSC06514.webp
    DSC06514.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,193
  • DSC06515.webp
    DSC06515.webp
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,246
Drill it and send the shavings off for an assay test. Plenty of labs around can tell you exactly what it is with a decent representative sample for 60 bucks or less even. Google "assay labs" in your area.
 
Upvote 0
Think you bought a large block of what's called in the Estate Sale world as 'G.O.T.C.H.A.'...sometimes called flim-flam :coffee2:
 
Upvote 0
I Paid $2.00 so I'm not too worried if this turns out to be nothing more than a future boat anchor or door stop.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom