HUGE NIFC Haul!

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
Today I went to a local bank and picked up about $380 in halves. They took a box and pulled out just enough rolls to cover it and gave me the box. As I was waiting in line I spotted our good friend Frank in the tellers tray and asked for any loose halves that the bank had and she forked over what was in her tray without reserve. SCORE! A 1960 and a 1968. Already feeling pleased I went off to search the rolls. As I unraveled the first roll I could tell that something was up. Each rim was bright and shiny new. I checked the dates and almost all the coins were 2002! I thought "Wow, that's strange" and decided to put them aside. As I unraveled the second roll I got the same story! At this point I pulled out a pad and pen and started keeping track. All said and done there were only 4 rolls that DIDN'T have an NIFC - most rolls had about 14 in them and I had 3 solid rolls. Total haul - 495 2002's and 31 2003's and one Franklin- a 1963.

George

Attachments

• NIFC 1.jpg
    NIFC 1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 456
  • NIFC 2 12.10.jpg
    NIFC 2 12.10.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 456
  • SIlver.jpg
    SIlver.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 451
Upvote 0

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Silver

I know from previous posts that you are working with limited funds and traveling by bus. I hate to see you hanging on to those worthless NIFC's. Use the capitol for the more important stuff. Keep a roll of the best if you must but throw the rest back, it will be 100 years before those will be worth anything if at all.

Mojo

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Take a few minutes and call the few local coin shops in your area. tell them you have wonderful condition BU 2002 NIFC halves. S ee if they will offer you $0.60 or something like that for them. If so, tke it and move on. If not, then throw them back and move on. either way, you don't want that many NIFCs with your limited funds.

But keep the Ben. ;-)

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
There was a poster a while back offering .80 each. His SN is lemonthrower might be able to make a little profit if he is still buying.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a ton of them lately and dumped them all, I contacted lemonthrower, he is not buying them anymore

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate nifc clad
I hate nifc clad
I hate nifc clad
I hate also clad proofs
now I am going to see the psychologist

DW

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Dump them. Most dealers won't be bothered. NIFC halves found in circulation won't ever be worth more than face as there are tons that are saved in mint rolls. Keep the enough for your own set, but don't tie up the funds holding onto clad.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Dump em! I still can't resist the proofs but I know they are a waist of time and money but they do look nice....

Maine_Jim

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
I came across a roll of 2008p halves BU kept around 6-7 of them that didn't have any contact marks. End up selling 6 of them on ebay 3.00 free shipping some bids got to 3.50.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions