What's new

HUGE NIFC Haul!

Silversound

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
84
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoCal
Today I went to a local bank and picked up about $380 in halves. They took a box and pulled out just enough rolls to cover it and gave me the box. As I was waiting in line I spotted our good friend Frank in the tellers tray and asked for any loose halves that the bank had and she forked over what was in her tray without reserve. SCORE! A 1960 and a 1968. Already feeling pleased I went off to search the rolls. As I unraveled the first roll I could tell that something was up. Each rim was bright and shiny new. I checked the dates and almost all the coins were 2002! I thought "Wow, that's strange" and decided to put them aside. As I unraveled the second roll I got the same story! At this point I pulled out a pad and pen and started keeping track. All said and done there were only 4 rolls that DIDN'T have an NIFC - most rolls had about 14 in them and I had 3 solid rolls. Total haul - 495 2002's and 31 2003's and one Franklin- a 1963.


George
 

Attachments

  • NIFC 1.webp
    NIFC 1.webp
    52.8 KB · Views: 488
  • NIFC 2 12.10.webp
    NIFC 2 12.10.webp
    33 KB · Views: 483
  • SIlver.webp
    SIlver.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0
Ouch, but at least you can now say you Ben there, and it wern't a total Skunk.
 
Silver

I know from previous posts that you are working with limited funds and traveling by bus. I hate to see you hanging on to those worthless NIFC's. Use the capitol for the more important stuff. Keep a roll of the best if you must but throw the rest back, it will be 100 years before those will be worth anything if at all.

Mojo
 
Take a few minutes and call the few local coin shops in your area. tell them you have wonderful condition BU 2002 NIFC halves. S ee if they will offer you $0.60 or something like that for them. If so, tke it and move on. If not, then throw them back and move on. either way, you don't want that many NIFCs with your limited funds.

But keep the Ben. ;-)
 
There was a poster a while back offering .80 each. His SN is lemonthrower might be able to make a little profit if he is still buying.
 
I had a ton of them lately and dumped them all, I contacted lemonthrower, he is not buying them anymore
 
I hate nifc clad
I hate nifc clad
I hate nifc clad
I hate also clad proofs
now I am going to see the psychologist

DW
 
Dump them. Most dealers won't be bothered. NIFC halves found in circulation won't ever be worth more than face as there are tons that are saved in mint rolls. Keep the enough for your own set, but don't tie up the funds holding onto clad.
 
Dump em! I still can't resist the proofs but I know they are a waist of time and money but they do look nice....

Maine_Jim
 
I came across a roll of 2008p halves BU kept around 6-7 of them that didn't have any contact marks. End up selling 6 of them on ebay 3.00 free shipping some bids got to 3.50.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom