What's new

Human bone or animal?

digordie

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Just want your input on this bone. Is it an upper arm bone for a human that was broken off at the shoulder socket or just some animals leg bone? It was found very close to that hemetite ax i found. Found while digging for geodes abt two feet down underground.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20121107_211800.webp
    ForumRunner_20121107_211800.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 312
  • ForumRunner_20121107_211857.webp
    ForumRunner_20121107_211857.webp
    31.3 KB · Views: 176
  • ForumRunner_20121107_211925.webp
    ForumRunner_20121107_211925.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 169
  • ForumRunner_20121107_211959.webp
    ForumRunner_20121107_211959.webp
    29.6 KB · Views: 198
  • ForumRunner_20121107_212025.webp
    ForumRunner_20121107_212025.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 168
  • ForumRunner_20121107_212052.webp
    ForumRunner_20121107_212052.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 183
Upvote 0
Ya thats what i thought until i looked up pics of deer bones and found the jointed end to be diff.
 
Uuummm.... What do your neighbors do ? LOL. I don't know where you guys live, but I have never seen a deer bone that thick. Girth I suppose you would call it. However, I have only seen skeletal remains of white tail deer. the white tail here aren't as big as the white tail in other parts, because they aren't native to my area. They were brought in, I believe, in the late 1950's and didn't become abundant until the 70's. I know certain areas have huge mule deer and other variations of the species. If I were to find that bone in the NC triad area, I would really have to study a deer skeleton before calling it one. With that being said, I suppose nothing was gained accept, that is a huge deer.
 
Possibly bison. Its not human for sure.
 
Hey gatorboy is this a pic of a bison bone youve posted? If so, notice how the bottom joint is shaped diff than mine and the bloodvessel holes are diff as well?
 
Yeah.. My next thought after deer was bison so I looked it up for a photo. Looked up human too. Its not either. Have you figured it out yet?
 
Not yet. Im going to go do some more digging and see if i can solve this riddle.
 
Where are you located? Hey Gator, you are a fossil man, is the bone fossilized? That is a thick bone. I honestly don't see why it couldn't be a Dinosaur bone. They do exist.
 
Im in western illinois. Well birdcloud is right. Definatly a cannon bone from a horse. Thanks for all your help guys.
 
digordie said:
Im in western illinois. Well birdcloud is right. Definatly a cannon bone from a horse. Thanks for all your help guys.

I'm glad to know what it is too. I was scared we were beating a dead horse. Bad joke, I know.
 
birdpointgriswold said:
Alien for sure

Had you written that 3 or 4 hours earlier, I would agree, alien. But, they figured it out. We lose again! My dinosaur suggestion is right up their with alien. Lol! You ain't right Jonathon.
 
I am glad it wasnt human cause it is prison time for that offense. You cant post pics of any human bones even if it is ancient.
 
rock said:
I am glad it wasnt human cause it is prison time for that offense. You cant post pics of any human bones even if it is ancient.

Are you for real or joking?
 
Check your laws cause I know it isnt legal here.
 
Good to know. Makes me leery to post anything on this sight.
 
Yeah you really dont want to post bones unless you know what they are and you never want to say you dug them. Even digging here is illegal. All my finds are surface finds and on private property. You will have to check it for your area. Now in Tx it is a whole different story. It is different in every state. I just wanted you to know just in case.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom