Hunted a few more yards today.... 05/22/06

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went out and hunted a few more yards today. There was an abandoned house next to were we were working today that probably dated to the 1870s or so. Right off the bat I got a 1941 silver quarter under the clothesline. Then I was working my way to the front yard and the neighbor told me someone beat me to it, haha, oh well. I did find a junky ring in the front yard. Then I asked the neighbor if I could hunt his front yard and he said sure. All I managed was a 1917 wheat and some memorials. Then I went to the backyard again and got a token that reads "Good For 5Cents in Trade" and on the back it says "N.J. "Red" Reitmeyer 346 Virginia Ave." It is thing aluminum. Then in the back yard I got a wheat penny that appears to be a steel cent. It is rusted a bit and the date is completely worn off and it has that silver color to it.

Then the next yard I went to and got a 1959 Silver Dime. I then got 7 more wheats for a total of 9 on the day. They are: that dateless 1943 steel cent, 17S, 19, 27D, 2-36, 45, 55, 55D.

05-22-06.JPG

05-22-06-02.JPG

Upvote 0

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice digging bsco! Congrats!
More nice coins per usual, way to go.
You're really racking them up of late.

Smiles!
BDoo

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good day!

-GC

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing pretty good with the silver lately, Congrats!

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible!!!
Congrats on your finds!!
You're going to end up doing the entire neighborhood...
HH!!

Joe

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youre doin great!! Nice token and averaging silver everytime out is awesome!WTG!!

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Illinois Jeff said:
nice finds, i have always wanted to hunt indiana. next time i am in the ft. wayne area i am packing the xlt.

Let me know when you are headed to Fort Wayne. We can get together for a hunt. I live about an hour south of Fort Wayne just off I-69.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you hate it when your dig up one of those washers? Darn thing usually lights up like a ring, you find one edge and eureka.....then the rest comes into view bummer. I'ver even uncovered a couple that were gold colored! But nice finds anyway! Monty

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great hunting and well rewared for you effort and washers are a pain and i keep them never now when you mit need one.

tinpan

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
really cool finds, alot of coins and thanks for sharing.......finds like yours definatly makes me want to go dirt fishing..:) thanks again and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread