What's new

Hunted a Union camp.

relic nut

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2014
Messages
4,006
Reaction score
7,277
Golden Thread
1
Location
VA
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great hunt today at a camp we have hunted in the past. Found some Eagle I and general service buttons plus a flat button. Some of the buttons were just backs, but I will take them. Found a good bit of camp lead and what I think is the handle of a fork or spoon. Also found a few bullets. My best finds where some carved lead witch is some of my favorite things to find. One of these is a long skinny pc that clearly has knife marks. I read somewhere once that soilders would sharpen bullets or a pc of lead to use as a pencil. Has anyone heard of this? Didn't think much of it till I got home and tried to write with it. ( ck out last pic) WOW... To think that it might have been used for that is cool. At least I think so. Thanks for looking and let me know what you think about..... Pencil?? uploadfromtaptalk1451779321134.webpuploadfromtaptalk1451779332458.webpuploadfromtaptalk1451779343855.webpuploadfromtaptalk1451779351573.webp

HH, Relic Nut
 
Upvote 28
I think it is a pencil. I have one that looks like yours.
 
Very nice. I like the variety of buttons.
 
awesome hunt!!
my vote is pencil as well. Congrats!!
 
The lead pencil (forgot the proper name at the moment) is used by stone masons to mark stone before cutting, they have been around since Roman Times (in the UK).
 
Got it Lead Stylus.
 
That little pencil is very cool.
 
Nice CW recoveries! The buttons are cool. :occasion14:
 
:occasion14: You seem to score every day you get out relic nut. Heck just getting out is a win for some of us.
 
Nice finds. I have Dug a couple pencils in civil war camps. They obviously made do with what they had.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom