Hunted In The Woods With My Garrett Infinium & Got An Old Leather Change Purse+Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Hunted In The Woods With My Garrett Infinium & Got An Old Leather Change Purse+Gold

What a surprise it was. I was really not expecting any decent finds. I took the Infinium for a woods hunt, and dug only the LOW-HIGH signals, which usually ID as silver, copper or iron. As it was, I dug up so much wire from coat hangers, rusty nails and some rusty bits its of rusted tin cans. A real test of nerves. However, I did luck out on this older change purse, probably lost about 40 years ago. I saved the excitement of opening it untill I got home. Well......6 coins from the 60's & 70's, plus a very thin hollow gold earring. It must be gold, as there is no oxidation on it. I figured that if it was gold plated, the plating would have shown some wear from the tannic acid in the leather or the pH in the soil from the pine tree it was under. I couldn't find a stamp on it and it does not attract to a magnet. It is hollow and can be opened up to insert somewhere on the pierced part of the body.

Click on photo to enlarge:

inin woods.jpg

Last edited:

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Persistent best describes john. Nice find. Once in awhile that blind squirrel finds that acorn.

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, I love finding old wallets and purses, very cool that you got lucky and found something in it, mine are always empty lol!

Atomic Ed

Jun 2, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ACE 350 & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow cool find! I would be so excited to find something like that. It makes you wonder who and how they might have lost it out there so long ago.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions