What's new

Hunted Known Indian Settlement

TK of PA

Greenie
Joined
Mar 26, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I am new to arrowhead hunting. I did my research and hunted a known NA huge Indian site that was surveyed archeologically. However, it is now a develoment, but I hunted the outskirts. Afterall, I am sure they moved about and around the settlement. I found a bunch of pottery, glass, and ceramic shards. I also found a ceramic button, 2 ceramic marbles, and a really old shoe! It had actual nails in the sole. I also found 2 “arrowheads”. I domt think they are the real deal, but not for certain because I never found one. What do yall think?


87C6E928-DD5A-4E18-AFFD-94B8B7D1E692.webpD470D18A-72FA-4080-9B21-1CE82BDD83B5.webpEB0C6FA2-2F45-4CBF-842F-AEDD98CFE33D.webp28D8A282-9E85-4150-9F42-6108BB05360F.webpC62CED5E-5D15-43F4-8725-F15E4FB265EA.webp58AD9C31-F754-485B-B76A-0097DB1A6A88.webp
 
Upvote 0
Sorry, but don't see any Arrowheads or artifacts. Looks like lots of modern trash.
 
Nice marbles.
You appear to be near an old dump.
Probably 1930's maybe newer.
Keep your eyes peeled for silk screen soda bottles and beer cans.
Some of the Avon bottles fetch a little bit of money.
Many times there is an older dump buried below the more "modern" stuff.

Keep looking, you are bound to find something interesting.
 
Last edited:
So, I live in Indian country. Literally, the town 2 over is called Indian Valley. Also, I live near the old Indian path, the Perkiomen path. My question is, if I am hunting creeks and rivers where do I look? In the water? Also, is any field a given to look even if its not right next to water?
 
So, I live in Indian country. Literally, the town 2 over is called Indian Valley. Also, I live near the old Indian path, the Perkiomen path. My question is, if I am hunting creeks and rivers where do I look? In the water? Also, is any field a given to look even if its not right next to water?

When hunting a creek look all over everywhere, even a few feet above the water level. Farm field most of the time will have a hot spot, but also walk it all artifacts get dragged around and moved by tractors an stuff. In a field I get down on my knees low to the ground an look for any high areas of any size. Then I start there first. Good luck.
 
those developments in the mid-west have all the artifact rich black dirt scrapped off down to the hard pan so you won't be finding anything in them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom