Hunted out 1880s school site

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted out 1880's school site

Yep you guys have heard the one were you are told, "you won't find anything there" Its Been hunted a hundred times. Yeah right! Well my partner and I started hunting for a old 1880's school house yesterday and it only took us about 45 min. before we found a place we could hunt. We talked to a farmer and he directed us to the owner and both of them said, that place is hunted out, but your welcome to hunt it if you like. One of the guys went to school there and the school was closed in 1932. We found several items there. My buddy using his Garrett 250 found the first coin, a 1934 Wheatie laying right on top of the ground. I walked off the acre site and put tile flags out so we had a idea were to walk. We found two tokens, two wheaties, I found a 1916 Buffalo nickel, and a cross, a broach and my buddy found a 1903 Barber quarter. Not to bad for a hunted out site. Guess where we are going back to when the fiiedl gets worked up next spring. It's in corn stubble right now. Well hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we did finding the stuff. HH, Ringfinder

Attachments

• Finds today.jpg
    Finds today.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 544
  • finds today 2.jpg
    finds today 2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 549
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread