Hunted the 1922 school with poor results

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Upvote 0
Sounds like you should discriminate out the iron so you aren't digging it anymore and concentrate on the deeper coin signals.

These days happen, sorry for your luck today,
hope it's a lot better next time, now you have paid your dues.

Smiles!
BDoo

Not all sites are the mother load or just seem to never stop giving up that none stop streak of coins.....but we all go to those sites at some point in our detecting adventures that have nothing and its a bummer! one thing learned , I will never be going back!!!!! Nice try........ ;)

Just think, once all those thingy's are out of the way. You will be able to get to the deeper thingy's. Which could be better thingy's than the thingy's you have been finding. Do you thingy that makes sense. Remember, no place is ever hunted out, and be careful where you put your thingy's.
Mike

Since you've had this experience I'll share this with you. Rarely do I do well at old school sites...UNLESS they had some previous action prior to becomeing a school.

I look for school sites not so much for stuff kids lost, but mainly because these sites were sometimes used for other purposes prior to becoming a school house. Sometimes old school buildings were used for town meetings, etc., after they closed the school.

Also, sometimes the land they're built upon was the location of some historic site such as maybe a stagecoach stop or lumber camp.

Old school buildings are great because usually they're easy to gain permission to hunt and they're usually right in where the 19th century action took place in any given town.

But if a building was ONLY a small school it probably won't offer up many good finds. Yes, there are exceptions, but I've not found any of these yet.

Stick with it, freak. Just keep hunting and learning your machine.....and soon the only thingies you dig will be those coin thingies. ;)

Keep goin' DF!!!! You gonna find some more good stuff soon!

Nana ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back