Huntin anyone?

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey mikeslater. I live just across the river from you in Pride. I'm also getting tired of the local parks. Wouldn't mind hunting with you, but I don't have any connections to get into civil war sites. Years ago I often went to the cane fields along bayou Lafourche with my detecting club and hunted civil war skirmish sites. We had permission from the land owners but we also had to carry a million dollar insurance policy . Wish I could take you , but I don't have the right connections. Good luck, Ron.

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Yaw will be surprise how wide spread some of the Civil War activities were. Go to your local libraries and do a little research. Who knows how close a small skirmish or minor camp may be to your back yard. Good luck. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mikeslater

mikeslater

Feb 25, 2009
Walker, LA
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350
I wonder if thunder bird beach is still accessible. Ive got to figure out somewhere to go tomorrow. Cant waste a day off of work.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, I think about Thunderbird Beach too. I'm not even sure if I could locate it now. Anyway with all the rain we just had, I pretty sure it's flooded. But, if you do manage to find/access it, post pics of your finds.

:wink: RR

roceda

Nov 12, 2007
Louisiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thunderbird beach is now a upscale subdivision. I spent a lot of summers at T-Bird beach and I'm sure there was some goodies lost in that swimming hole. Ron.

OP
OP
mikeslater

mikeslater

Feb 25, 2009
Walker, LA
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350
Bummer, I swam and fished there alot myself. I wonder if there is still access to magnolia beach.

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi Mike,
I'm in Baton Rouge. Like they said Thunderbird beach is now a subdivision. God only knows what got buried there!!! Wish I could go back in time and bring my modern detector to that beach. We swam there quite a bit as children, remember the big "umbrella"?? It would rain down on you, and a big slide. I would like to get together and hunt sometimes. Send me a PM and we can chat about some potential spots. Cheers, Shane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread