What's new

Hunting a Mid-Atlantic beach this time of year

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a chance to spend a couple days a mid-Atlantic tourist beach next weekend. This place is a ghost town between thanksgiving and Easter.

My question is should I stick to the dry sand which is going to be sanded in beyond belief or do I take my 5m wetsuit and try the water that will be about 40 degrees?
 
Upvote 0
I'll tell you that from NJ to far down south the beaches are sanded in very very much. If you are going to hunt the beaches you better bring your A game and deepest detector. If you have the capability to hunt the water safely then I would recommend that option. The storms were not a factor this winter. Good for the towns bad for the treasure hunter.
 
Use the deepest detector you have for the sanded in beaches. Preferrably a PI for the depth. If going near the water at all I would wear the wet suit even if just getting in the spray.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom