Hunting Bermuda with a metal detector, any restrictions?

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

vwayne1

Jan 14, 2005
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
I had some friends go down there to detect a couple months ago, but they never came back........Hmmmmmm, I wonder.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...there sure are! My hubby says he'll lock me up and throw away the key if I dig holes in the bermuda! ;D

(Sorry....it's getting late!....I'm just a little silly when it gets late!) Hope you have a great time! :D

Nana ;)

peterlopip

Sep 19, 2005
Re: Hunting Bermuda with a metal detector, any restrictions? (here is your answe

I dont know if there are any formal restrictions, but i can tell you this....

We were there a few months ago, and i detected on land and on sea in plain sight, and no one stopped me.
I even detected an old fort, but found nothing there, except a pull tab at around 9 inches ??? Im going back again next week, not because the detecting was so great, but because we love the island. I will be bringing by Explorer II for land, Beachunter ID & minelab exc 1000 for water. So i will do my best to leave you something when you come around ;D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are probably a lot like here in the states. Some public land some private. The best bet is to ask your travel agency, the hotel you are are staying at, and or the local police. It would really ruin your trip to have your detector confiscated or spend a day or two in jail. I am sure you won,t be the first person to want to detect so they may already know the answers and all you need to do is ask the question.

Good Luck

Ed Donovan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions