What's new

Hunting fair grounds after the fair has been in town.

kywildcat

Jr. Member
Joined
May 27, 2012
Messages
27
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who has luck hunting the fairgrounds after the fair has been in town, and where are the best places to hunt. I assume under bleachers and such. Just wanting to see if there is a place I might be missing.
 
I normally try to do some recon on the fair. I either take pictures or sketch the locations of the rides, concession stand, etc. I also watch the rides to see which ones people are more likely to lose items on. I pay attention to the wind direction and speeds during the days of the fair. I have found cash in the bushes and higher grass surrounding the fairgrounds.
 
wildcat, this would only be freshly lost clad, and ....... that doesn't excite most folks. But to answer your question, I suppose underneath the ride that turns the rider upside down (thus his change falls out of his pocket).
 
I joined the VFW in Halifax County, NC one year Post Number ONE..... for $15 a year. I found $128 that year on their 3 acre lot. Include the cash my hunting partners found and it becomes a chunk of change! Best $15 ever invested. TTC
 
wildcat, this would only be freshly lost clad, and ....... that doesn't excite most folks. But to answer your question, I suppose underneath the ride that turns the rider upside down (thus his change falls out of his pocket).

True but usually the fair is in the same location year after year. Some have been in the same spot for over 50-60 years so there is digging to be done. I have done OK at some small local ones.
 
i murder the clad at our local fairgrounds, im only using a BH IV but when i get the ace 350 i should be able to find better stuff
 
It's the busy fairgrounds they abandoned 75 yrs ago, you want to locate. also try an learn where the old town swimming hole was. People stripped down and threw their clothes across the Bushes, laid down and smooched, in general loose change got dropped.
 
It's the busy fairgrounds they abandoned 75 yrs ago, you want to locate. also try an learn where the old town swimming hole was. People stripped down and threw their clothes across the Bushes, laid down and smooched, in general loose change got dropped.
They did MORE than smooch under those bushes.... when I was that age, leastways! Go further under the bush for the real goodies. Hmmm, subliminal aside, Get the point?? TTC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom