That's a tall order. It's definitely going to be a bit tougher than it normally would, however, as we both know, NOTHING is impossible.
I'm sure you already know your chair like the back of your hand. So, you just need to devise a creative way to swing the coil. Maybe try shortening the shaft and sweeping the coil off to one side of your chair. Then, you can turn around at the end of a row and start all over again one coil space over.
Or, how about lengthening the shaft to where it is out in front of your chair and swinging that way? Just some suggestions. Like I said, NOTHING is impossible. You might have a strike in one area (the chair), but, you will MORE than make up for it in another area
Get creative. There are a TON of folks who metal detect on horseback. I have no idea how they do it, however, they wanted it bad enough to come up with a way
Once you figure out a successful battle plan, please do post your strategy on this forum. I'm sure there are a lot of others like yourself out there. If they can learn something from your hard work and dedication, well, that's what it's all about my friend
