**** Hunting In the Sunshine When IT HOT !****

sanddigger

Mar 25, 2012
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
beach hunter 300
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, all its Sanddigger, I Have a -----> Question-----> This---is-->It when it is Very Very HOT ! at the Beach
Do You still go and Metal Detec ? when it Hits over 90+ in the SUN ?. Or Do you Hunt
at Night, or be for the SUN come Up ? AKA----> Joe:icon_scratch::icon_scratch: PS, I
Hope you all still have your Hands after the 4Th.

The only time I hunt in direct sunlight is during winter fall or spring. I never go in summer during the heat of day. Lots of reasons for that.

Wish I had 90º to hunt in.

Well you said at the beach, so I say hunt. If you start to get hot, you can always take a break and go into the water to cool off.

Keeping you clothes wet keep you cool. Wear a hat/bandana that will shade your neck and face.:toothy2:

GL & HH

I'm with ticm on that one.Even as I don't beach hunt I still try to keep out of the direct sun during the hot days of mid summer.That mid day sun will rip the hide off ya :sunny: I tend to do most summer hunts in the shade if I can or if not I'll take little breaks,get in the shade,cool off and drink plenty of water.
I consider water to be just as important to take on a hunt then my detector or digger no matter what the weather is...........................................................

Heat really cuts down on my detecting. Here in Texas now its 81 degrees at 9:30 AM and will be at 97 by three. Wont drop below 91 until after dark. Gotta go early early in the morning or not at all.

I never hunt in the sun.......... I like nice cool weather even cold weather..........That's why i live up north and when i vacation i just go to Canada.........Years ago i lived in Flordia for about a year that was enought came back up north........ never went south again.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back