🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing earth shattering today, but, the fact I was able to eek out a few finds from my heavily hunted, iron infested high school using the WOT and TTF was impressive for me. I tried going back to multi-tones conductive, but, just didn't sound right after the last 2-3 weeks of hunting in TTF. All the targets were between 7-9 inches and surrounded by iron.

Attachments

• IMG_6891.JPG
    IMG_6891.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0
That's about the only way I can stand to hunt anymore.

It sounds like TTF is similar to Combined for the CTX, correct?

You have a high tone for high conductive targets and a low for iron?

With the CTX, I have been using Combined, and have begun adjusting my audio 'slots' the way I like them, which is just tightening up the nickel slot and making sure my highest slot does not include Zinc pennies.

I pay attention to the etrac stuff, since my son is using a 705 Xterra and I am thinking an etrac may be a nice upgrade.

Yes, the 2 tones give a low tone for iron and a high tone for all nonferrous targets. It's not near as versital as combined tones on the CTX, but, it works great in iron infested sites. Add a small coil and slow your sweep down and it will sniff out the goodies.

Do you guys use a smaller than stock coil for this type of hunting?

The Etrac looks powerful, 9" is a lot

I was wondering, I just got the small coil for the CTX. That thing is a hockey puck!

I got it to hunt a specific site where iron makes me null out with the standard coil.

I use a Sunray X8 coil in trashy areas.

just realize that TTF Achilles heel is the fact that a silver target co-located with iron or high mineralization can drag the ferrous number below the cut-off line causing an iron grunt.

The Minelab 8" coil I think is underrated, I hit a merc at 9" in TTF with it. The numbers were low 3-34 4-36 but a repeatable tone told me to investigate and it paid off. I was quite surprised at how sensitive that coil is. The thing that looks like a jar lid is part of a compact.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back