Hunting on Padre Island, but felt like I was in London.

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the highlights of my most recent hunt. It was a really uncommon hunt for me. The fog was thick and one of the finds was pretty out of place for a beach in deep South Texas. The whole thing made me feel like I was in a different country. LOL. All in all, a pretty fun hunt. Also: I finished up my custom sand scoop handle!

and for those among us who are avidly anti-video, here's a still frame of what I found. I do video only because, to me, this entire hobby is about the journey and not the destination.

067df69e-8876-478a-bfed-23d27299432d.jpg

Next week I'm changing things up to do a little dirt digging instead of sand. Hitting up a permission three hours from home!

Upvote 15

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds whsts the black thing that looks like rebar

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw Pro, Minelab GoFind 66, Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds whsts the black thing that looks like rebar

It's an antenna from..... something. I'm guessing from a two way radio, or ham radio perhaps.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The memories of South Padre Island. I wasn't there metal detecting either.. Nice finds

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don’t mind SHORT videos, I pass on 20 minutes of talking and one minute of the actual hunt

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I watched it, not toooo long

And good on you to show filling your hole

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t mind SHORT videos, I pass on 20 minutes of talking and one minute of the actual hunt

I am with you on that one! And I am first to admit that the four episodes I've produced so far, including this one, are paced a little on the slow side. I am a video producer by trade, so I am going to be constantly tweaking the format till I can find that sweet spot between pacing and story telling. The pacing could certainly use a jolt of caffeine. Lol. Thanks for the insight. I appreciate it! Hopefully you enjoy the quicker pacing of next week's episode.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
May I kindly suggest?

Get a shot or two of ladies at the beach, and a shoutout to me wouldn’t hurt

OP
OP
H

HoboFett

Nov 29, 2018
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I kindly suggest?

Get a shot or two of ladies at the beach, and a shoutout to me wouldn’t hurt

Ha! This is a family channel, sir. LOL. Just kidding. You'll get your "Ladies of Padre" fix soon enough. Spring break is right around the corner and I am taking a couple days off work to enjoy the sights....er... I mean produce a big video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions