What's new

Hurricane Danielle passed by, She moved sand, We hunted,....Simple.....(Video)

Surfdigger

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
448
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
What a beautiful late summer afternoon at one of my favorite local beaches. What a great time of year for beach hunting....check it out....

 
Upvote 0
I guess it depends on what tide the rougher waves hit the beach. Here in SC, the sand was pulled from the top of the beach and deposited into the developing valley between high and low tide, essentially flattening the beach out. Most of the targets I found were very near the surface, and most of those were high on the beach. In the water almost nothing. Greater number of bobby pins than usual and most of those near the surface, as if the lighter targets were washed free and the heavier targets moved deeper. May have been different on other sections of the SC coast. I found less than $2 in change at each of three different beaches, plus a light weight 14k "Gold Filled" cross with a value of $2.68 :'( HH to ya. Ralph
 
By the way, Surfdigger, I appreciate your videos. It is cool to see what is happening on other sections of the beach. And you always give good advice. As far as the success of my hunting, my Dual Field PI detector is not comparable to your Excalibur, (I spent a lot of time digging bobby pins and you don't do that) so who knows what someone with your equipment and talents would have been able to find on the same beaches I hunted. Although I try to be methodical in my hunting, I obviously do not cover every inch of a beach, so there may have been goodies within reach of my detector that I missed. HH and thanks for sharing. Ralph
 
petersra said:
I guess it depends on what tide the rougher waves hit the beach. Here in SC, the sand was pulled from the top of the beach and deposited into the developing valley between high and low tide, essentially flattening the beach out. Most of the targets I found were very near the surface, and most of those were high on the beach. In the water almost nothing. Greater number of bobby pins than usual and most of those near the surface, as if the lighter targets were washed free and the heavier targets moved deeper. May have been different on other sections of the SC coast. I found less than $2 in change at each of three different beaches, plus a light weight 14k "Gold Filled" cross with a value of $2.68 :'( HH to ya. Ralph

We had the same conditions up our way the week before......the upside was that we were able to dig alot of targets that had washed out of the upper bank (alot of coins but a few nice pieces of jewelry too)....the moon phase changed and the tide stopped pulling sand down....now with the continued rough surf we are seeing sand moving down low in some places....with vigilance we are jumping on the opportunities!!
 
good video and good tips once again Brian.. cya on da beach. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks again Brian for the good advice and
the good video. Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Nice vid....AGAIN

You better move quick that beach is extremely wide and you've got Earl on your doorstep.

I'll be in OCMD trying to do the same thing this week myself
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom